Back to bags! I've made myself a new swimming bag, with coated cotton (vinyl cotton) from John Lewis. I got this fabric back in March, but kept putting off cutting it up in case the bag didn't turn out how I imagined it.
However, all is well and I'm really pleased with this bag! Inside there is a zipped pocket - tricky to do in the vinyl, so I used strips of Bondaweb to hold the opening quite flat while I stitched in the zip. You can see my zipped pocket tutorial here.
In the picture above you can also see there's a vinyl facing above the cotton lining. I'm hoping that will stop the bag soaking up too much water when I grab it from the locker with wet hands!
Somehow the bag looks smaller in these pictures than in real life. There's plenty of room for a big towel and all the other bits you need when you go swimming, but the bag is not too enormous to carry over your shoulder. I need to write up how I made this one (before I forgot) so I can whip up some Christmas presents!