Friday 1 March 2013

Introducing Frosterley Bazaar

Hi, this is my first post as FrosterleyBazaar, and my first ever blog! I've got a lot to learn!

I've been sewing as long as I can remember, and I'll try anything that involves making things - stained glass, basket weaving, picture framing, felt making, knitting, crochet, print making, you name it.  Mostly I do sewing, and most of that at the moment is quilts.  On this blog I'm hoping to show you the things I make, and how I do it.

I called the blog Frosterley Bazaar because I live in Frosterley (County Durham, UK), and for some time I've sold things I've made under that label.  Frosterley is a small village on the River Wear (population about 800), and a nearby quarry is the source of the beautiful Frosterley Marble used in Durham Cathedral. Technically this isn't marble, but black limestone containing the fossilized remains of the solitary coral Dibunophyllum bipartitum.   More information here (link will open in a speparate window). Anyway, a little geological digression there - more about sewing in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...